Week 2 Reading Overview: Indian Epics

 Week 2 Reading Choice

I have chosen to read the Public Domain Edition: Ramayana for week 3! One of the main factors that influenced me to chose this version over the other is because it is free. I love that there is a free option available and I don't have to go somewhere to buy it. As a senior who is in 12 hours and also has an internship, I don't have the flexibility to go out and buy a book. An online free version makes my life so much easier. I also liked the fact that it came with lots of notes and illustrations to aid the reading!


Comic Book 1 Sudama: I chose to read this story because I have learned about Krishna in the past from my Understanding Non-Western Dance class. I was fascinated about the culture and the illustrations from this piece. Plus it is a story about friendship and I thought that would be a sweet read!

Comic Book 2 Monkey Stories: I chose this story because it was a tale about The Money King and I chose to read about him in the previous assignment. Also, from reading the synopsis, it gave me Adam and Eve vibes because there is a forbidden mango fruit in the jungle. That aspect really interested me and I like the Buddhist background of weaving wisdom into the story!

Indian Video 1 Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology: I have to say this one has me the most excited because I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I immediately was drawn to this video and I was surprised to see that this series has so much in common with mythology and folklore in India. I had no idea! I can't wait to learn more!

Indian Video 2 Foods for Gods: I chose this one because I just finished reading in the Bible in the Old Testament about how the people would sacrifice foods to God to be ceremonially clean and how some foods/animals were deemed unclean for Gods. I am curious to learn what kinds of foods are sacred and the meaning they have to each God in the Indian culture!



(The Dance of Shiva: OUOC Blog)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Comment Wall

Story Laboratory: Persian Tales, Week 6