Week 2 Reading Overview


Reading Schedule 

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Bible Women

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche


Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.


Week 5: Arabian Nights


Week 6: Twenty-Two Goblins


Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]


Week 7: Brer Rabbit


Week 9: The Monkey King


Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.


Week 10: Marriage Tales


Week 11: American Indian Tales


Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.


Week 12: Alice in Wonderland


Week 13: English Tales


Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.


Week 14: Crane


Week 15: Hans Christian Anderson


After selecting the stories I want to read for this semester, I am for excited than ever. I think the units I am most excited for are the British and European units. I am such a fan of British literature so these stories, especially the classic fairytales like Alice in Wonderland. I am intrigued to read where these classic fairytales came from and what parts Disney left out haha. I also am excited for the first unit, Biblical stories. My faith is very important to me, so getting to read stories from the Bible is super interesting to me. I love the story of Ruth so I hope to read about her!


I chose this image of the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland because I am most excited to read this story. I also loved the illustration of rabbit holding his pocket watch in a plaid trench coat. It reminded me of reading this story when I was a little girl!



(The White Rabbit: Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Comment Wall

Story Laboratory: Persian Tales, Week 6