Story Laboratory: Untold Stories of Adam and Eve, Week 4


Microfictions

I wrote three micro-fictions on the untold stories of Adam and Eve. I am very familiar with the book of Genesis so it was very interesting hearing interpretations of the story. I had so much fun making these mini-stories that get the point across in a quick manner. Hope y'all enjoy it! 


The Fall


The serpent appeared to Eve in the garden. Eve told the serpent “I must not eat the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden for it would kill me.” The serpent tempted Eve by telling her “you will not die from eating this delicious fruit.” Overcome with temptation, Eve ate from the tree. She gave to Adam too and their eyes were opened to their sin. They became ashamed of their nakedness and covered themselves with fig leaves. God called out to them, but the couple would not confess their sins. The Lord cursed Adam and Eve.


Leaving the Garden


God planted a garden next to a sea that could wash a man from sin. God did not place Adam and Eve near the water to wash themselves of their transgressions. Adam dwelled in the south where the wind blew sweet smells of the trees his way. He did not want Adam taking delight in his transgression so he placed him on the western border of the garden. God showed mercy and pity on him and commanded he dwell in the Cave of Treasures. Missing the garden’s beauty, they fell down in fear. God took pity and raised them up.


The Sunrise and the Serpent


Adam and Eve awoke to a blazing sun, thinking God was the sun sending a plague onto them. He became afraid Then Adam and Eve left the cave to search for the garden. In the garden, they found the serpent who tempted them before. The serpent was the meanest creature on earth. Its venom was a curse from God. It ran after Eve and Adam went to stop it. The serpent pinned them to the ground, but God sent his angel to save them. God struck the serpent dead and the wind carried it away to the seashore of India. 

Author's Note

I took the classic story of "The Fall" of Adam and Eve from the Book of Genesis and retold it in a shortened format. I used 100 words only but I kept the same plot and characters. I then took two other stories from the Forgotten Books of Eden and shortened them as well. Again, I kept the same storyline and characters but I left out minor details that were irrelevant to the storyline. 



Bibliography:

The Book of Genesis & The Forgotten Books of Eden

Author: Moses & Rutherford H. Platt, Jr. 


(The Forgotten Books of Eden: Blogspot)


Comments

  1. Hi Morgan! I enjoyed reading your story. They are very well explained, even someone that doesn't know about the book of genesis could have understood the story of Adam and Eve just by reading your microfiction. I also liked how you told the story on the sunrise and the serpent, you showed how God is merciful to Adam and Eve even tho they sinned against him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your stories for their concise and terse. I realized that the story about Adam and Eve is rewrite from the story of Adam and Sarah when I reading it. For me, I appreciate their behavior cause I think no one is perfect and people need greed. Although God does not like their decision, but in bible, their decision actually built our world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Comment Wall

Story Laboratory: Persian Tales, Week 6