Topic Brainstorm

 Brainstorming Topics for Mythology-Folklore


Topic 1: The Wizard of Oz

I chose this topic because I remember seeing this film as a little girl and falling in love with it! I loved the adventure aspect, the creativity that sprang from creating the land of Oz, and the dynamic characters. I am interested in learning more about how the characters were inspired so I can better tell their stories. For this story, I was contemplating how I could put a modern twist of this classic childhood story, so I got thinking and this is what I have in mind. After seeing a previous student take a twist on a tv show called Extreme Home Makeover Visits: Dorthy and her Family, I got inspired to do a tv spin-off as well. I want to transform the Wizard of Oz into a spin-off of the cult favorite, The Bachelorette. Dorthy is the featured bachelorette and instead of looking for her way home, she is looking for love. The characters The Scarecrow, The Lion, The Tin Man, and Oz are all pining after young Dorthy's heart. The story will share hometown dates, love, and an engagement out the end. Stay tuned to see who Dorthy will fall in love with!






(The Bachelorette Logo: Wikipedia)


Topic 2: Women of the Bible

I chose this topic because reading the bible and my faith are factors that define the person I am today! I also recently did a bible study with my discipleship leader, Julie, about characteristics of women of God. Some of the women included Ruth, Mary Magdalene, Eve, Ester, and many more. As a woman, I want to resemble the choices I make in my everyday life after these women in the bible created by God himself. For this project, I was inspired by a past students project, Women Who Did. This student told this biblical stories with a modern twist, relatable to young girls. I want to do a similar thing and tell these women's stories in a modern retelling but make it Oprah. These biblical women are on the Oprah Winfrey Show telling their stories and Oprah is giving them advice like she traditionally does. There will be tears, life changing moments, advice, and just plain girl talk. Stay tuned. 

(The Oprah Winfrey Show Logo: Wikipedia)


Topic 3: Prison Accounts of Disney Princesses

I chose this topic because I was a fan of all things Disney Princesses growing up. You could say I was a little obsessed with dressing up and pretending that all woodland creatures were my friends. For this story I was inspired by a past student's project, Prison Stories of the Wicked StepmothersWhen I saw this my first response was "this is hilarious" and then my second response was "this is genius." My best friends and I have also been recently looking on Pinterest for Halloween costume inspiration and came across the "Fairytale Police Department" costumes. This immediately inspired me to tell stories from classic Disney princess's perspectives from the Fairytale Police Department. Examples can be Sleeping Beauty and a drug overdose, Tinkerbell flying under the influence, Cinderella breaking curfew, Cruela de Vil facing animal cruelty charges and more. I wanted to take a humorous spin on classic Disney princesses and tell a different side of the story. Get excited!


(Fairytale Police Department Costumes: Pinterest)

Topic 4: A Dog's Adventure

For my last and final topic idea, I wanted to come up with a simple storyline featuring a dog going on an adventure. Plus I love dogs so I thought it would be fun to write a mystery featuring adventure, suspense, and a happily ever after. For this story, I was inspired not only by famous dog stories like Marley and Me, but also by a previous student's story A Dog's Adventure. For my story, I want the main character, or dog I should say, to be a dachshund puppy named Scout. Scout is a very curious puppy and has a knack for solving mysteries. I did some research on some famous mysteries involving missing children and I came across the story of Etan Patz. Etan was a six-year-old boy who was abducted from the bus stop and was lured into a basement of a local convenience store in Manhattan. This little boy unfortunately was murdered, but I want to take a spin on the story and have Scout solve the mystery and find the boy before it is too late! Get ready for an adventure!


(The Disappearance of Etan Patz: Wikipedia)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Me

Story Laboratory: Persian Tales, Week 6